Goosebumps were all over me while I was watching a TV news report last Sunday about a tragic vehicular accident in the town of Balamban, Cebu. A J&D tourist bus plunged down into a 30-foot ravine in barangay Cansamoroy before noon last Sunday. It killed 21 people, including 20 Iranian nationals and the Filipino driver who also owns the bus; and injured 24.
Police Regional Office-7 Chief Supt. Lani-O Nerez said among those injured were three Pakistanis. The injured were confined at the Cebu Doctors Hospital (CDH) except for Dr. Raminco Aleriza, a resident ophthalmologist at the Cebu Velez Hospital who was treated at Velez; and received proper medical care while the remains of the fatalities would be brought home to Iran as soon as possible. Initial investigation revealed that the bus suffered brake malfunction while maneuvering a curvy downward slope.
Accidents like this do happen and nobody knows when. The event of their untimely death brings so much pain to their families. On times like this, a life insurance could be very helpful to the fatalities and their families. Though it could not recover the lost lives, it could somehow ease the burden the families are suffering.
Sometimes, (or most of the times?) we only see life insurance as an added expense to our finances. It is during times like this that we appreciate the significance of having one.
Can somebody help this little one put on the headset?
When baby's in our room, you could always find him either pressing the keyboard, pulling the mouse, helping himself with the headset, biting the mouse pad, and the worst, unplugging and/or plugging the power cords! Oh my!!! What could a 220 volt power do to a little one?
Increasing your page rank is very important especially when you are monetizing your blog. The higher the PR, the higher the pay. :)
In addition to adding content to your blog, the best way to increase your page rank is by building solid links that point to your website.
The following are quick tips for getting backlinks that point to your blog:
- Links from other blogs with PR ratings. As much as possible, try to get links from other blogs with PR3 and higher.
- Links from select social networks. Just set up a profile and add your links in your profile. Also, you can do the same by checking the fan pages of all your favorite bands, musicians and artists. Many have online communities, where you can create a profile and build links pointing to your blog.
- Submit articles. Many free sites accept article submission. Submitting articles is also a great way of free advertising for your website. Just like the author of Active Directory Tutorial did. You should include a resource box or author bio at the end of your article, which includes a link back to your blog. This could potentially bring in a vast amount of traffic to your site.
- Submit your blog to directories. There are many free directories out there. Look only for directories with PR3 or higher, then add your blog to it. Don't forget the link to your blog.
- Press release. Post regular press releases on free press release distribution sites. For example, every time you publish a new post, issue a press release announcing that new post, with a link to your blog site.
- Friends and family. If any of your friends or family have an established website or blog, ask them to add a link for your website to their blogroll or their footer.
Still can't get over from Pilipinas Got Talent fever. From Siomai to Superstardom - Congratulations to you Jovit Baldivino! You really deserve everything!
Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.
PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!