If you find this photo blurry, then stress has taken you. ;-)
We cannot avoid stress totally but we could try to keep it to a minimum level. The ultimate goal is a balanced life, with time for work, relationships, relaxation, and fun, and the resilience to pressure and challenges.
- Keep a stress journal. A stress journal can help you identify the true sources of stress in your life and the way you deal with them. It can help you process your thoughts and feelings.
- Take a break, even for only a few minutes at a time. Use this time to relax and meditate.
- Simplify your life. Decrease your number of activities if you are already overwhelmed. Learn to say no so you can focus on things that are more important to you.
- End each day on a positive note by reading an inspiring book, reflecting on something positive that you did or that happened to you that day, or listen to soothing music.
- Use aromatherapy oils like ylang-ylang to calm the mind or unwind, or peppermint and orange to invigorate and energize you.
- Focus on the positive. Negativity can prevent you from handling stress well and thinking calmly and creatively. Being positive will bring you new opportunities and will help you find solutions to your problems.
- Manage your time better. Poor time management can cause a lot of stress.
- Set realistic goals. Set reasonable standards for yourself and others, and learn to be okay with "good enough."