Things We Cannot Recover in Life

We cannot recover four things in life. From these things we learn, we grow, we live.

"I've spent my life running from the emptiness that haunts me
And I've spent my whole life trying to ease the loneliness away
And I die inside when I think of all the people that I've damaged
I'm tired, I'm so tired and there's no one else except myself to blame"



The stone …
… after the throw!

"My life's been wasted, everything is gone".

Was there a time in your life when you have everything, wasted it, and now left with nothing but regrets? When you have the power, but abused it and now, you cannot take over. When once you were famous but became egomaniac and insufferable and all the people who were head over heels with you would spit on your face if given a chance?

Value what you have now before you end up craving for them when they were lost.



The word …
… after it's said!

Have you ever been wounded by words? I have, and most of you probably have been hurt, too. I know there have been times when I have hurt my parents, spouse, children and friends with careless words that I spoke without thinking, or those that slipped out in a moment of anger. They have done the same to me. The things they say do not just feel like a slap in the face; they feel like a knife twisting in the gut.

Most of us are guilty of hurting those we love with our words. We may say that "It is just words" or "I really did not mean it", but the damage has already been done.

Words are very powerful. Words can hurt or heal, build up or tear down, comfort or curse. Harsh words spoken to a child can resonate throughout their life, as can words of encouragement. Words have the ability to elevate someone to their highest potential or shred their self-esteem. Therefore, we have to think first what we should utter before we regret saying them.




The occasion …
… after the loss.

We should never ignore the opportunities that come knocking on our doors. Certainly, not every opportunity will be right for us, but too often, we reject, or simply ignore opportunities. Our inattention, lack of confidence and even fear are some of the reasons why we do so but if we want to keep moving forward, we must take advantage of each opportunity as it comes. Unfortunately, opportunity is fleeting and, when missed, is often gone forever. While we cannot beat ourselves up over every missed opportunity, hopefully we learn from our mistakes and become more aware in the future.



The time …
… after it's gone …

We must spend some time with our loved ones because they are not going to be around forever. Just spending a little time with them shows that we care and that they are important.

When was the last time you spent your time with your family and friends? When was the last time you showed them you care? When was the last time you said "I Love You"? Have you said "Sorry" to the person you have wronged before?

Nothing in life is more important than our family and friends. We should give them the time they deserve because we cannot put these things off until "some other time" - when this "some other time" would not come anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tingko Beach, Alcoy, Cebu, Philippines

Once a Cheater, Always a Cheater?

Tingko Beach Alcoy - Revisited